Total Hunt Time
About 3 to 4 hours, depending on options selected
From the moment Sam Brannan paraded through Portsmouth Square in 1848, yelling “Gold! Gold! Gold from the American River!”, Chinatown and North Beach have been at the heart of San Francisco’s rip-roaring, odd and eccentric cultural history. Dr. Clue’s “Get a Clue” adventure in North Beach/Chinatown takes you down the narrow back streets and alleyways of this fascinating and colorful area, introducing you to the haunts and lairs of poets and saints, crackpots and carousers. A typical treasure hunt might make stops at the oldest saloon in the City, a statue to Robert Louis Stevenson, an “adult” fortune cookie factory and a restaurant dedicated to the glories of garlic. Test your wits against Dr. Clue in San Francisco’s favorite neighborhoods: Chinatown and North Beach.
Gather at either St. Mary’s Sq. in Chinatown or Washington Square in North Beach
- Introductions/Ice Breakers/Rules–30 minutes
- Stage 1 Hunt — 45 minutes (optional)
- Midbrief and Discussion of Roles & Ground Rules — 30 minutes
- Stage 2 Hunt –90-120 minutes
- Team Building Wrap-Up & Discussion–30 minutes
- Lunch/Dinner/Drinks at a Local Restaurant (optional):
Arrangements for and cost of dining not included in price quote.
Worried about Bad Weather? Check out our INDOOR PROGRAM at the San Francisco California Academy of Sciences.