Dr. Clue’s Mission: Why, What and How
To really understand a company, you need to know their mission. Here’s ours:
TO HELP PEOPLE TAP INTO THEIR APPRECIATION OF THE PRESENT, THE WONDERS ALL AROUND US, AND THE POWER OF TEAMWORK, IN ORDER TO CREATE A WISER, HEALTHIER AND MORE EMPATHETIC WORLD.
AND HERE’S OUR WHY: Everything we do at Dr. Clue is informed by the belief that the world is a wondrous place, full of amazing hidden treasures, many of them right in front of us, in plain sight.
- Discovering these treasures is a privilege (to be treated with reverence).
- Discovering these treasures is more fun when you’re connecting with others
- Discovering these treasures is more satisfying and enriching when you’re overcoming significant, stimulating challenges (ie. solving puzzles)
That’s our belief system; that’s our Why. As for the What and our How:
- WHAT we do is team-building treasure hunts & charity events.
- HOW we do it is via facilitated programs (in person and virtual), 1.5-3 hours in length.
And now you know Dr. Clue. 🙂
“Teambuilding” vs. “Teambonding”
In the treasure hunt world, there is Teambuilding and there’s Teambonding. Some examples of team bonding might include an escape room, mini golf, bowling and go-karting. Team bonding gives people a good time, yes — but alas, provides little take-away value.
By contrast, Dr. Clue offers true “Team building“.
Team Building Programs offer these distinct VALUE ADS:
- Designed around a particular goal or outcome that is transferable to the workplace or school environment.
- Has an intentional curriculum or flow.
- Designed and/or facilitated by trained facilitator with skills in experiential facilitation techniques.
- Allows for built-in reflection/debrief time where participants reflect on their experience and relate those experiences back to the real world.
- May include follow-up work.
Without sacrificing the fun, “team-building” nurtures breath-taking “aha” moments participants can take back with them to the workplace!
Listen in to Dave Blum, Founder and President of Dr. Clue, talking about the difference between team bonding and team building.
Let Dr. Clue help you drive real performance and behavioral change!
Tell us your goals and we’ll work to make sure that they happen!
Potential Take-Aways include:
- lateral thinking skills
- problem solving skills
- an interactive walking tour of your area
During your debrief, we’ll ask participants:
- What happened?
- What worked well?
- What could have worked better?
- How did you feel?
- How does this parallel your work?
- What will you differently upon returning to the office?
testimonial & partner
What our clients says?
I loved the evolution of learning and cooperation that developed at each successive level.
Michelle SkorkaSun-Netscape Alliance
The hunt you planned for us was awesome, creative, challenging and most of all FUN!
Wayne DabneyLiz Clairborne
I loved the examples of clues & the focus on team collaboration.
Mark PalmerConoco Phillips
I liked that some of the clues required or promoted collaboration with other groups.