Thursday, December 18, 2008 by Dave Blum
As much as I’d like to claim that I’m the expert and all my team building ideas arise from the deep, deep wells of my own creativity, the reality is that sometimes clients come up with concepts that blow my own scavenger hunt ideas away. And so it was that yesterday I started work on one of the better treasure hunt ideas I’d heard in a while: a Dr. Clue treasure hunt bar crawl. Here’s how it’s going to play out:
1) The hunt coordinator will choose up to five bars or pubs in their home area.
2) I will then write 5 puzzles, each of which delivers a secret password.
3) The coordinator will then drop off one puzzle at each of their five, selected taverns.
4) As hunt participants arrive at the first bar, they’ll receive their first clue from the bartender.
5) When they think they have the correct answer, they’ll call the coordinator. If they’re correct, the coordinator will tell them the name and location of the next pub.
6) As people arrive at the second bar, they’ll receive their second clue from the bartender, and so on.
What I like about this format is that it can be done in any city, world-wide. The coordinator chooses the pubs, so people can be directed to visit big, upscale gin joints, tiny hole-in-the-wall dives, biker bars — whatever the coordinator wants.I envision it as a nice addition to my list of corporate team building activities as well as something that informal social groups would enjoy as well.
Hooray for clients and their great ideas for new and varied scavenger hunt lists!
Want to try our do-it-yourself bar crawl? It’ll be ready for purchase in the next five days. Book it by January 1st and get the Dr. Clue bar crawl for the discount price of $249 (regularly $295). firstname.lastname@example.org